Got an HP DV6z with AMD A8-3500M (Llano) recently. I'm extremely happy with the 1920x1080 display ($150 upgrade). It is not glossy, but very colorful and bright. If you get an HP DV6z with Llano, BE SURE to spend that $150 for a high resolution display!
dv6z Quad Ed
• steel gray
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• AMD Quad-Core A8-3500M Accelerated Processor (2.4GHz/1.5GHz, 4MB L2 Cache)
• AMD Radeon(TM) Discrete-Class Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
• FREE Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• 9 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• 15.6" diagonal Full HD HP Anti-glare LED Display (1920 x 1080)
• FREE Upgrade to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
• 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R)
Battery life (9-cell) is about 5hr heavy use with Linux VM compiling in background. With idle/light use battery life could be up to 7hr. Not terrific but quite good enough for the 15.6" + 1080p screen.
It's relatively heavy, but on the other hand, it is fully loaded. I'd say it'll make a great desktop replacement, easily beating most laptop at comparable price ($800~$1000).
I haven't really optimized the laptop yet but here are few photos:
A personal record of understanding, deciphering, speculating and predicting the development of modern microarchitecture designs.